Dory

Dory

Monday, January 6, 2014

More Demo and Clean Up Stuff

I spent yesterday cleaning up all of the screw holes and screw nubs resulting from removing some of the bottom frame pieces on Saturday.  I picked up some cutting wheels for the Dremel, and they got me close, but not where I wanted to be.  At that point I called it a day and watched some playoff football.

Today I grabbed some grinding wheels for the Dremel.  This worked a whole lot better.  I was able to get everything flush with the bottom of the boat.  There is just a little more of the white pookie to clean off before it gets another layer of glass.

Despite all of this, there was something that was still bothering me.  I didn't like the look of the bottom of the frames against the chine.  It somehow looked unfinished and like the hatch spaces were somehow smaller.  Here is a before picture from earlier for comparison:


Notice in the picture above that the frame bottoms are basically as we cut them, just without the bottom frame piece.  In the pictures below, you will notice I cut the bottom of the frames off at a 90-degree angle with the bottom of the boat.  I think this makes a very nice clean line, and adds to storage.  Maybe not in volume, but in squareness.  Plus I like the look better.





This view really does justice to the modification.


Did my takeoff for a fiberglass order.  It's about time to get really sticky for a few weeks and make this thing watertight and dyno-mite!

No comments:

Post a Comment