Dory

Dory

Saturday, December 28, 2013

The Forecast Calls for Fair(ing)

Yes, the time has come to begin filling all of the screw holes, dings, gouges, and screwless holes (how did that happen?).  I spent some time on Christmas Eve and Christmas day getting lots of fairing compound mixed up, then fill fill fill!

The goal has been to get everything filled, sanded and ready for chine fiber-glassing by the end of the weekend.  Looks like I am going to make my self-imposed deadline.  Here are some shots after I filled and faired everything, pre-sanding: 





Note to self: next time, use less filler. It was so much sanding.  Something like 4-5 hours worth of sanding.  Here it is today:

Getting ready to lay some 2" tape on the outer Stem Post.

Glass is all wetted down now.  Waiting for it to kick before I sand more.  Also filled in some of the spots that weren't perfect post sanding:





Being a glutton for punishment, I will probably go out later tonight for some more sanding.  It should be a pretty quick and easy affair, however.

Chines get glassed on Monday.  Then we flip it over and get to work on the decks, hatches and interior portions!

No comments:

Post a Comment